Vodafone rolls out first new global identity since 2005
Vodafone has launched a global brand identity that uses the red shade synonymous with the brand to portray "confident energy and progression".
Vodafone: unveils latest Power of Red global identity
The new 'Power of Red' identity, created by The Brand Union, features a red rhombus shape emerging from Vodafone’s inverted comma logo.
Vodafone’s latest identity is already featuring in advertising for its 4G proposition, after it launched the network on 29 August.
The visual identity was last updated in 2005 and Vodafone claims the new identity is different because it will work across all media platforms rather than just print.
In addition to TV and print activity, it will also be included in outdoor, digital, in-store and retail packaging activity.
Barbara Haase, brand director at Vodafone group, said: "Our new visual brand identity is a true representation of Vodafone – never static, always moving, and ensuring that our technology empowers everyone who uses it."
The identity will be rolled out across to all markets between now and the end of November.
The news comes as Vodafone prepares to sell its 45% stake in US-based Verizon for £84bn, which will make it the third-biggest corporate deal in history.
It is expected around 70% of the proceeds will be given to shareholders, which would still leave a substantial amount for Vodafone to pour into acquisitions.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Audience Insight Executive - Publishing Lipton Fleming £25000 per annum + benefits, London