Bartle Bogle Hegarty pulls Barclays spot featuring paedophile
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has been forced to withdraw and re-edit its Barclays "thank you" spot after it emerged that one of the extras in the ad was a convicted paedophile.
Barclays: Bartle Bogle Hegarty forced to withdraw banking group's thank-you ad
The 90-second ad promotes Barclays sponsorship of the Premier League and features real fans supporting their teams.
The Sun on Sunday reported that one of the fans, who is seen sat among children, has convictions for possessing child abuse images.
BBH pulled the spot, which broke in mid-August, and will now run a re-edited version, from which the extra has been removed.
Charlie Rudd, the managing director of BBH London, said: "Usually when looking for talent to use in commercials, we hire actors via casting agencies where full checks are employed.
"In this instance, to ensure authenticity, we recruited 400 real football fans for the crowd scenes alongside professional actors. After this was brought to our attention, we immediately took the ad off air and have re-edited it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- SEO ACCOUNT MANAGER Success Digital £165 per day, London