Bartle Bogle Hegarty pulls Barclays spot featuring paedophile
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has been forced to withdraw and re-edit its Barclays "thank you" spot after it emerged that one of the extras in the ad was a convicted paedophile.
Barclays: Bartle Bogle Hegarty forced to withdraw banking group's thank-you ad
The 90-second ad promotes Barclays sponsorship of the Premier League and features real fans supporting their teams.
The Sun on Sunday reported that one of the fans, who is seen sat among children, has convictions for possessing child abuse images.
BBH pulled the spot, which broke in mid-August, and will now run a re-edited version, from which the extra has been removed.
Charlie Rudd, the managing director of BBH London, said: "Usually when looking for talent to use in commercials, we hire actors via casting agencies where full checks are employed.
"In this instance, to ensure authenticity, we recruited 400 real football fans for the crowd scenes alongside professional actors. After this was brought to our attention, we immediately took the ad off air and have re-edited it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Luxury | £28,000 Dynamic New Alliances £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)