Bartle Bogle Hegarty pulls Barclays spot featuring paedophile
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has been forced to withdraw and re-edit its Barclays "thank you" spot after it emerged that one of the extras in the ad was a convicted paedophile.
Barclays: Bartle Bogle Hegarty forced to withdraw banking group's thank-you ad
The 90-second ad promotes Barclays sponsorship of the Premier League and features real fans supporting their teams.
The Sun on Sunday reported that one of the fans, who is seen sat among children, has convictions for possessing child abuse images.
BBH pulled the spot, which broke in mid-August, and will now run a re-edited version, from which the extra has been removed.
Charlie Rudd, the managing director of BBH London, said: "Usually when looking for talent to use in commercials, we hire actors via casting agencies where full checks are employed.
"In this instance, to ensure authenticity, we recruited 400 real football fans for the crowd scenes alongside professional actors. After this was brought to our attention, we immediately took the ad off air and have re-edited it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london