Jack Daniel's runs 'raise a glass' Instagram campaign
Jack Daniel's is encouraging consumers to photograph themselves raising a glass of whiskey to the memory of its eponymous founder, and share the images via Instagram.
The campaign, which has been created by integrated agency Communicator, marks the birth-month of the whiskey brand’s founder, 'Mr Jack'.
Activity uses the hashtag #JacksBirthday and will run throughout September. It will feature people associated with Jack Daniel’s, including master distiller Jeff Arnett and Lynne Tolley, Jack Daniel’s great-grandniece, raising their glasses of whiskey to the brand's creator.
Richard Southon, director at Communicator, said: "Instagram is exciting new social territory for Jack Daniel’s. We wanted a campaign where the brand brought its fans together in their celebrations and what better way to do this than sharing photos. Instagram is the natural place for this and the campaign will show how brands don’t need to be ‘in’ the conversation to be a core part of it."
The campaign marks the first time that the brand has used Instagram in the UK. It already has an Instagram account in the US.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire