Toyota revives UK marketing director role with Chris Hayes appointment
Toyota has appointed Chris Hayes as its UK marketing director, two years after scrapping the role as part of a restructure.
Chris Hayes: appointed UK marketing director for Toyota
The Japanese marque axed the position of UK marketing director in 2011, following the departure of John Thomson to a new assignment at Toyota’s global headquarters, claiming the move would allow it to "increase the speed of decision-making".
Marketing was subsequently overseen by then-commercial director Matt Harrison, who has recently been promoted to president and managing director of Toyota GB.
Hayes steps up from his previous role as the brand’s general manager of vehicle marketing, which he had occupied since May 2011. He joined
Hayes said: "The
"I believe we have a range of cars that cater to a broad spectrum of consumer types and our dealer network gives some of the best service in the industry. This is central to our continuing success."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)