BMW promotes Olympics marketer Chris Brownridge to Mini role
BMW has appointed its UK marketing director Chris Brownridge to the position of director of Mini UK.
Chris Brownridge joins Mini in November
Brownridge succeeds Jochen Goller, who has been promoted to senior vice-president of Mini and will now be based at its Munich HQ.
Brownridge has held the top marketing post at BMW UK since January 2012 and oversaw the brand’s activity as headline sponsor of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. He joined BMW Group UK in 2000 and has since worked across sales, product management and marketing communications.
A spokesman for BMW said that the group is going through a recruitment process to find a successor for Brownridge.
Tim Abbott, BMW Group UK’s managing director, said: "The UK is the world’s second largest market for Mini, and Jochen Goller leaves the brand in great shape with sales up 4% so far this year with around 30,000 Minis already sold.
"Chris’s breadth of experience across the company has proved to be a great asset in his current role and will be even more valuable in his new position as the Mini brand portfolio continues to develop."
BMW paid an estimated £50m to be among the top sponsors of the London 2012 Games. Marketing reported last year that the automotive firm was not planning to become a headline sponsor at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London