Vodafone ends search for consumer director with Cindy Rose hire
Vodafone UK has ended a five month-long search for a new consumer director with the appointment of Virgin Media digital entertainment director Cindy Rose.
Cindy Rose: joining Vodafone as consumer director
Rose will report to chief executive Guy Laurence and fill the position left vacant by Srini Gopalan, who quit Vodafone in April to take up a job with an Indian telecoms firm.
During her four years as head of Virgin Media’s digital entertainment offering, Rose was responsible for the launch of the TiVo TV service.
She also oversaw the launch of TV Anywhere, a service that extends the TiVo experience to PCs, tablets and smartphones.
Her appointment comes two weeks after Vodafone launched its high-speed 4G network, which is offering Sky Sports and Spotify packages in order to differentiate itself from its rivals’ offerings.
The Sky Sports Mobile TV package offers Vodafone’s 4G customers access to live coverage of more than 100 matches from the Barclays Premier League, the Sky Bet Football League, Uefa Champions League, SPL and La Liga.
The Spotify deal will give Vodafone customers access to Spotify Premium, which has a catalogue of more than 20 million songs.
Rose said: "The mobile industry is at an interesting crossroads, and I believe my experience in both the cable and content sectors will be increasingly relevant as the customer experience begins to converge."
Former consumer director Gopalan initially joined Vodafone in February 2010 from T-Mobile, where he was chief marketing officer.
Gopalan is credited with broadening Vodafone’s customer demographic by bringing in youth-orientated activity such as Vodafone’s Freebee Rewardz scheme.
Prior to joining Virgin Media, Rose spent 14 years in a variety of senior roles across The Walt Disney Company. She has also worked as a solicitor in the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London