Viral review: LG's job interview prank is no disaster
Social video expert Be On evaluates the latest viral campaign from LG.
LG: meteor prank
Yet another ad that proves real emotions are a strong component for a video hit.
8 / 10
LG Meteor Prank - Ultra Reality: What would you do in this situation?
LG pranks again; this time the brand uses its Ultra HD TVs to fabricate the end of the world.
After the falling floor in the lift and attractive women watching men in the loo, the time came for something bigger. LG plays on one of our worst fears – helpless death by natural disaster. What is worse, the brand put its victims in a place nobody wants to be in at such a moment; a job interview.
At two minutes long, the video follows a similar script to the previous pranks. First, the viewer sees the preparations to the hoax and then is presented with the unfortunate people selected for the prank and their reactions. And here, yet another ad proves that real emotions are a strong component for a video hit. We are in the era of emotional content and brands should not be afraid to use it in their video strategies.
If there is one thing that there could be less of in LG’s new ad, it is the preparation time. We get how it’s done, let’s jump to the good stuff.
It seems the brand’s found a formula for a successful online video campaign and it plans on exploiting it to the fullest, and why not? The audience loves it and LG has proven to be one creative prankster. If there is more to come, the online world will welcome it with open arms.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire