Burberry and Topshop compete for attention as London Fashion Week launches
London Fashion Week kicks off today (13 September) as brands attempt to capitalise on an expected fashion sales boom.
London Fashion Week: begins today
Burberry, Topshop and Canon are among the brands running activity to piggyback off the buzz created by London Fashion Week.
Barclaycard has released research to coincide with Fashion Week claiming that for the last two years spending on clothing for the final quarter of the year has been 25% up compared to the rest of the year.
Online spending this year between 1 January to the end of August has increased 23% year-on-year, with 31% of 2,000 adults surveyed by Barclaycard claiming they are more adventurous when shopping online, according to the research.
Burberry is investing in Pinterest activity to benefit from London Fashion Week and is pinning its latest line "straight from the runway to Pinterest". Items featured are available for purchase immediately.
Pinterest has also created a Fashion Week hub to allow fashion designers, brands and style experts to give behind-the-scenes glimpse into their Fashion Week activity.
Meanwhile, Canon is working with designer Henry Holland to print his entire catwalk stage using an Océ Arizona flatbed printer.
Topshop revealed yesterday it had partnered with technology platform Chirp to give consumers exclusive behind-the-scenes access to its forthcoming autumn/winter collection fashion show.
Chirp is a technology that enables people at a single location to share information between their mobile devices via a "chirp" sound.
Topshop’s flagship Oxford Circus store will feature a Chirp and Twitter "garden" that shoppers can enter to receive content.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London