Scottish Widows appoints 101
Scottish Widows, the pensions company, has named 101 as its agency of record after a competitive pitch.
Scottish Widows: Hayley Hunt as the hooded widow
101 went head-to-head with Brothers and Sisters to win the account, with pitches in London and Edinburgh. A spokeswoman for 101 would not comment on the size of the account.
101 will be tasked with re-launching the brand after a four-year hiatus from TV advertising.
The Lloyds Bank-owned Scottish Widows has previously used Leo Burnett for its TV advertising and Partners Andrews Aldridge for direct work. The new campaign is set to air next year.
The spokeswoman for 101 said the agency was not yet able to say what kind of campaign Scottish Widows was likely to run, but the brief was very open as to how the agency should treat its famous figurehead, the hooded woman, last played by Hayley Hunt between 2005 and 2010.
Catherine Kehoe, the managing director for brands and marketing at Lloyds Banking Group, said: "We have every confidence in [101’s] ability to re-launch the Scottish Widows brand with real impact and renewed energy at what is an important time for the UK pensions industry."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)