BA prepares for Dreamliner take-off with #RaceThePlane competition
British Airways is marking the launch of its Dreamliner fleet by running a competition today that pits the state-of-the-art aircraft against a virtual plane, the 'Tweetliner'.
BA: promotes the launch of its Dreamliner fleet with #RaceThePlane competition
The online competition, created and executed by BBH London, is described by BA as pitting "the pinnacle of engineering against you, the nation’s tweeters".
Starting at 12:15 today, a live race between a virtual plane and a British Airways flight from London to Toronto is taking place, which can be tracked at http://racetheplane.ba.com/uk/.
Consumers are able to power the Tweetliner by tweeting the hashtag #RaceThePlane, which automatically enters people into a competition to win one of five pairs of flight tickets to Toronto.
The digital race will run until 7.55pm this evening, with winners announced on 20 September. Later this month, on 24 September, the race will be repeated between London and LA.
Earlier this month, BA apologised to a man who went to the lengths of buying a promoted tweet to complain about the airline losing his father’s luggage.
Days later, British Airways revealed the latest iteration of its "To fly. To serve," campaign, championing its staff and the quality of the brand and showing the motto being stitched into the fabric of BA’s uniforms.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham