EBay reviews European media agencies
EBay, the online auction site, is reviewing its media agencies across Europe, putting Dentsu's Carat and mobile agency Fetch on alert.
EBay: reviews its media agencies across Europe
It is not clear what stage the pitch is at and a spokesman for eBay declined to comment on the process, beyond confirming that, "We are conducting a review of our media agency portfolio in Europe."
Carat is the incumbent agency working eBay’s media planning and buying accounts across Europe – in particular in France, Italy and the UK.
The shop began working with eBay in November 2008, when it was appointed to work on a pre-Christmas project, and was named the company’s European media agency of record for both planning and buying in 2011.
Carat then created a bespoke central account hub in London to service the client. EBay’s previous media agency was PHD.
A spokesman for Carat had not responded to a request for comment by the time of publication.
In November 2012, eBay also appointed Fetch to handle its mobile media and creative campaigns across Europe, after a competitive pitch against eight unnamed agencies. A spokeswoman from Fetch declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End