EBay reviews European media agencies
EBay, the online auction site, is reviewing its media agencies across Europe, putting Dentsu's Carat and mobile agency Fetch on alert.
EBay: reviews its media agencies across Europe
It is not clear what stage the pitch is at and a spokesman for eBay declined to comment on the process, beyond confirming that, "We are conducting a review of our media agency portfolio in Europe."
Carat is the incumbent agency working eBay’s media planning and buying accounts across Europe – in particular in France, Italy and the UK.
The shop began working with eBay in November 2008, when it was appointed to work on a pre-Christmas project, and was named the company’s European media agency of record for both planning and buying in 2011.
Carat then created a bespoke central account hub in London to service the client. EBay’s previous media agency was PHD.
A spokesman for Carat had not responded to a request for comment by the time of publication.
In November 2012, eBay also appointed Fetch to handle its mobile media and creative campaigns across Europe, after a competitive pitch against eight unnamed agencies. A spokeswoman from Fetch declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Award Winning ISP Zen Internet £37,000 to £42,000 + benefits, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London