Ryanair revamps digital strategy with creation of Twitter account
Ryanair, the brand that has notoriously eschewed social media, ignored Facebook complaint groups created by disgruntled customers and has barely redesigned its web site since its inception, has created a @Ryanair Twitter account to improve its customer service.
Ryanair: launches Twitter account
The no-frills airline claims it has stepped into the world of social media to ensure that its passengers and the media can keep up to date with the latest Ryanair news, route developments and special offers.
The carrier’s director of communications Robin Kiely said Ryanair is "striving to improve how we communicate with our passengers and public," while hoping to improve the media’s interaction with the carrier by updating the media section of Ryanair.com.
The U-turn on social media and customer relations policy comes hot on the heels of Ryanair’s AGM, held last Friday.
Chief executive Michael O’Leary made it clear on Friday (20 September) that, far from long-standing attitude of either ignoring or bullishly rebutting criticism, he had turned a corner in terms of customer and shareholder satisfaction.
"We should try and eliminate things that unnecessarily piss people off," he said at the AGM.
O’Leary’s apparent about turn follows a profit warning this month, warning that its full year net profit could be slightly lower than the lower end of its guidance, which was estimated at €570m (£481m).
In a further blow the brand was this week voted the worst of the 100 biggest brands in the UK market by Which?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London