Kevin Bacon beats Jamie Oliver in YouTube cooking battle
Jamie Oliver challenges EE ambassador Kevin Bacon to a bacon sandwich cooking competition, in the phone company's latest ad, in partnership with YouTube.
As Campaign revealed in July, EE has signed up Oliver as its latest celebrity face.
Oliver and Bacon compete to create the best bacon sandwich in the latest campaign, which is being launched exclusively on Oliver’s FoodTube YouTube channel today.
The film has been created by EE’s digital agency Poke to promote EE’s 4G phone service, on which, the company said, video will not buffer.
Oliver initially appears to be winning by creating a quick and simple bacon sandwich, but he then starts to "buffer" and freezes while the familiar buffering wheel appears on the screen.
Bacon is then able to cook his own elaborate bacon sandwich with lobster, steak and a large loaf of bread, while Oliver remains frozen.
At the film’s conclusion, Bacon triumphantly proclaims to Jamie, "Bacon don’t buffer".
It is the first time EE has partnered with YouTube.
Spencer McHugh, the director of brand at EE, said: "The mobile internet speeds and breadth of coverage we offer across the UK remain unrivalled and we’re always looking for innovative ways to communicate the benefits of our network online."
Poke worked with Oliver’s FoodTube production team to ensure the film was in keeping with the style of all of his FoodTube videos.
The creative director at Poke was Gavin Fox. Chris Faith at Fresh One Productions directed it.
Last week Campaign revealed Publicis Groupe had bought Poke.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)