Camelot calls in Threepipe ahead of doubling of Lotto price
National Lottery operator Camelot has drafted in Threepipe to help with a major campaign launching its newly priced £2 Lottery game.
Lotto: Revamping next month
PRWeek understands that the agency has paired up with agency The Ministry of Fun after a pitch for PR and experiential work ahead of the launch on 5 October.
The hire comes as Camelot seeks to justify doubling the price of Lotto, and help boost flagging sales.
It is part of a reported £15m campaign promoting the Lotto rethink, which is also thought to include a whole host of other changes.
Threepipe declined to comment and a spokeswoman for Camelot refused to confirm or deny the appointment.
However, she said: "The in-house PR team at Camelot from time to time consults leading consumer PR agencies for support on specific campaigns – this can be anything from just brainstorming ideas through to helping develop and execute activity. We also retain a network of regional PR agencies that are key extensions of the in-house team in supporting publicity winner activity, raising awareness of unclaimed prizes and key consumer campaigns."
News of the hire follows the National Lottery Promotions Unit (NLPU), responsible for raising awareness of how the lottery helps good causes, calling in Chime Communications for a £250,000 brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- SENIOR COPYWRITER Live Recruitment £40000 - £negotiable per annum + Benefits, Middlesex
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 +, West London
- Broadcast Planning/Buying Account Manager Lipton Fleming £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London