Inferno wins Grant's whisky ad account
Grant's whisky has appointed Inferno to its advertising account after a contested pitch.
Grant's whisky: hires Inferno to handle its advertising business
Inferno won the account after a final shootout against VCCP. BSUR, Fred & Farid and Ogilvy & Mather also pitched.
It is understood that although there was no current incumbent on the account, Grant's has previously worked with My Agency and Geronimo.
As Grant’s lead creative and strategic agency, Inferno will be charged with creating campaigns for the brand’s high-growth markets, including Asia, South Africa and South America, as well as in established markets such as the UK and Europe.
A multimedia campaign is expected in the first half of 2014.
Al Young, Inferno’s chief creative officer who will lead the account, said the company, William Grant & Sons, was ambitious for its whisky brand and that his agency’s task was to create a "brand world".
Young said: "It’s a phrase you hear more and more these days. It’s about a way of behaving. What is the brand’s point of view on the world? How does it talk?"
He added that the campaign would run across a number of different channels, but that airport retail was particularly important to the brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Planner for London Consumer Branding agency £20-25K Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Executive, London, up to £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London