Inferno wins Grant's whisky ad account
Grant's whisky has appointed Inferno to its advertising account after a contested pitch.
Grant's whisky: hires Inferno to handle its advertising business
Inferno won the account after a final shootout against VCCP. BSUR, Fred & Farid and Ogilvy & Mather also pitched.
It is understood that although there was no current incumbent on the account, Grant's has previously worked with My Agency and Geronimo.
As Grant’s lead creative and strategic agency, Inferno will be charged with creating campaigns for the brand’s high-growth markets, including Asia, South Africa and South America, as well as in established markets such as the UK and Europe.
A multimedia campaign is expected in the first half of 2014.
Al Young, Inferno’s chief creative officer who will lead the account, said the company, William Grant & Sons, was ambitious for its whisky brand and that his agency’s task was to create a "brand world".
Young said: "It’s a phrase you hear more and more these days. It’s about a way of behaving. What is the brand’s point of view on the world? How does it talk?"
He added that the campaign would run across a number of different channels, but that airport retail was particularly important to the brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham