Cheil UK hires Jon Buckley as first head of social
Cheil UK has appointed Jon Buckley, the digital director of Mesh Marketing, as its first head of social to boost its social credentials.
Jon Buckley: joins Cheil UK as its first head of social
Buckley will formulate Cheil UK’s social strategy and ensure it sits at the core of all of the agency’s creative output. He will report to Daniele Fiandaca, the head of innovation at Cheil UK.
Prior to working at Mesh Marketing, Buckley was head of digital at Archibald Ingall Stretton for six years. During his time at AIS, he launched and then reintegrated the agency’s digital arm, overseeing digital output across all clients including BMW, O2 and Sky Movies.
Fiandaca said social media had to be "unavoidably integrated" into the agency’s strategy.
He said: "The appointment of Jon represents Cheil UK’s commitment to having the expertise to develop campaigns and ideas that weave social throughout their DNA – not campaigns with social just bolted on as an afterthought.
"Jon brings a wealth of experience from working for some of the world’s biggest brands. He will be an integral part of Cheil as we continue bolster our integrated offer."
Buckley’s appointment follows the promotion of Matt Pye, the shop's former managing director who became Cheil’s chief operating officer in August.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London
- Global Head of Studio and Production Creative Recruitment £65000 - £80000 per annum + Pro Rata, City of London
- Senior Digital Executive Stopgap £32000 per annum, City of London