LG pours millions into marketing Now TV deal to boost smart television benefits
LG Electronics is spending millions of pounds to market its partnership with Sky's Now TV streaming and catch-up service as it seeks to increase its smart TV sales.
LG: 'end of the world' video prank
The campaign will include TV, digital, print and retail activity, with creative focusing on the movies and sports LG customers will have access to via the Now TV partnership.
Craig West, head of marketing at LG consumer electronics UK, said: "Central to LG’s TV marketing strategy is driving understanding of smart TV among consumers and communicating clear benefits of the technology and Now TV is an important part of that story."
Last year, LG launched a £10m marketing campaign in the UK to market its TV offering as part of an attempt to switch the focus of its home entertainment division away from families, towards an early adopter audience.
Tom Wason, principal at Wolff Olins, believes smart TVs could soon be made redundant by increasingly powerful smartphones such as the iPhone 5S.
He said: "If your phone is now your first screen and the TV screen is your second, then having such computing power in your phone could be a way of making sure the iPhone becomes the smart TV of the future and the television itself is just a dumb TV displaying what’s streamed through your home."
LG is in the process of rolling out Now TV to more of its media devices beyond televisions, including its Blue Ray Home Theatre and Blue Ray Player via an app.
Now TV is already exclusively available on the LG smart TV platform and offers customers access to Sky Movies and action from all six Sky Sports channels with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive - Mobile / Digital Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- SMS (Marketing) Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + package, South West London
- Mobile Project / Programme Manager - (Mobile Web / Mobile Apps) Digital Gurus £55000 - £75000 per annum + benefits, package, London
- Mobile Application Marketing Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + pension, London