Andy Murray to get Roger Federer-style personal logo
Tennis star Andy Murray has hired a branding agency to create a personalised logo that will appear on his apparel and associated merchandise.
Andy Murray: introducing a personalised logo
Aesop has been hired after a competitive eight-way pitch to create an identity for the Wimbledon champion. It is understood that it will be incorporated into a new Adidas range and across his accessories, such as his Head racquets.
In the light of Murray’s historic Wimbledon win, his popularity riding high and a mooted high-profile exhibition match against Serena Williams, Murray’s advisers feel this is the right time for the player to increase the focus on his brand identity.
Murray follows in the footsteps of Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer who unveiled his own logo, a combination of his initials, back in 2006 at Wimbledon.
Spanish champion Rafal Nadal has also made a similar move to market his personal brand identity.
Aesop is also creating the brand identity for Murray’s new management company, 77. Its name is inspired by the fact that Murray’s victory in June was the first time in 77 years that a British man had won the Wimbledon title, and that it occurred on the seventh day of the seventh month.
Martin Grimer, executive creative director, Aesop said: "His Wimbledon success secured a new chapter for British tennis. For us, winning the opportunity to create and narrate his story and deliver an iconic identity for both him and his company is a grand slam."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London