Mercedes-Benz launches Tinie Tempah music 'mashup' project
Mercedes-Benz has signed up rapper Tinie Tempah for a campaign that encourages visitors on the "mashup" website to create their own music video.
Mercedez-Benz: '#soundwithpower' TV campaign
The mashups will combine the Tinie Tempah track ‘Pass Out’ with the noises made by the new Mercedes E63 AMG saloon. Participants will be able to share the mashup on Twitter using the #soundwithpower hashtag.
The activity fits into Mercedes’ continued attempt to connect with a younger audience through social media, which it kicked off early last year.
Mercedes has previously undertaken social media activity through its Fashion Week tie-up, but it is now making a concerted effort to integrate social platforms into its long term strategy.
The marque's focus on attracting a younger audience appears to paying off, with new unit sales in the
The #soundwithpower digital activity supports a TV campaign that features a man wearing a suit loaded with LED lights that illustrate how he emotionally reacts to a variety of sounds.
The sounds range from the engine noise of a Mercedes E63 AMG to the noise of the ocean and a baby laughing.
TV activity will debut tomorrow (5 October) during the 'X Factor' on ITV and will also appear in cinemas during blockbusters including the new 'Thor' and 'Hobbit' movies.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe