Sir John Hegarty on headphones
Sir John Hegarty has revealed that seeing creatives wearing headphones makes him "really pissed off".
Hegarty: headphones shut out inspiration
Speaking in an interview as part of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series of videos, the BBH co-founder and chair of this year's Campaign Big Awards, said headphones "put a little wall" around the wearer.
He said: "If you walk around cutting yourself off, you are eliminating influence. You are eliminating the possibility you are going to pick up stories, ideas, thoughts that are happening all around you. As a creative person, that's all wrong."
To see more outtakes from the interview with Sir John Hegarty, subscribe to the Brand Republic YouTube channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)