Morrisons beats rivals with first Christmas campaign
Morrisons is hoping an early start to Christmas marketing, in the shape of its 'Big Christmas Bonus' scheme, will help it gain ground following disappointing sales in 2013.
Morrisons: unveils Big Christmas Bonus promotion
The 'Big Christmas Bonus' campaign includes print ads and a TV ad that launched at the weekend. It rewards customers who spend at least £40 in an individual transaction during nine of the next 10 weeks (7 October to 15 December), with a voucher worth £40.
Customers who spend £40 in an individual transaction each week between 7-28 October will also get the option to receive a £10 voucher, rather than saving for the full £40.
‘Weekly Wowzer’ offers will be running concurrently with the campaign, to promote Christmas-related products such as Cadbury Roses, Heroes, and Nestle Quality Street tins.
Pre-tax profits at Morrisons, the fourth biggest supermarket, fell 22% to £344m in the six months to August.
The supermarket is set to offer online shopping from the end of January 2014 after finalising a £216m agreement with Ocado.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London