Mini to run British Bulldog ad campaign for hatchback launch
Mini is set to unveil a humorous TV ad campaign next month when its new hatchback launches in Oxford on 18 November.
Spike: the British Bulldog features in Mini's latest ad campaign
The new Mini Cooper hatchback will be unveiled at the firm’s Plant Oxford factory to coincide with the date of the 107th birthday of Sir Alex Issigonis, the brand’s original designer.
At the same time as the UK reveal, a series of TV ads featuring Spike the British Bulldog will hit screens worldwide, while a London event will showcase the car.
The launch will be followed by the new Mini’s public debut at three events on 20 November at the Tokyo Motor Show, the LA Motor Show and at a special event in Shanghai, before the car is released for sale in early 2014.
The TV ads were developed by creative agency BSSP in San Francisco and filmed in Los Angeles.
The tongue-in-cheek ads have been filmed with different endings and lengths, including one that features Spike defending his Mini from the advances of a Great Dane.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Marketing Campaign Manager - 6 Mth Contract to Perm Salt £35000 - £37500 per annum, Farnborough
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £45,000 + Bens, London
- Senior Manager- Analysis & Insight Direct Recruitment £50,000 + bens, Cambridgeshire
- Creative Team Apple & Ink £35-£45,000 , London