Tesco appoints Sharry Cramond to group marketing strategy role
Sharry Cramond has returned to Tesco's marketing team following a four-year hiatus.
Tesco: appoints Sharry Cramond in group marketing strategy role
Tesco has appointed Cramond as group marketing strategy and brand director, reporting into chief marketing officer Matt Atkinson, as the supermarket group drives marketing activity including the relaunch of its Finest range of premium products.
The marketer already has a long pedigree with Tesco, having previously spent 12 years working with the retailer in roles including head of marketing for Tesco Personal Finance and marketing and commercial director for Tesco Telecoms.
Cramond departed Tesco at the end of 2009 for a stretch in Australia, where she worked as general manager of marketing communications for supermarket Coles and as marketing director for Target Australia, the department store chain.
A Tesco spokesperson said: "We’re delighted to welcome Sharry Cramond back to Tesco as she takes up her new role as group marketing strategy and brand director. Sharry will work with colleagues from across the business to develop a strategy for the Tesco brand, as well as our product, venture and service brands."
In August, Tesco made a series of redundancies in its management team, including marketing director Ian Crook, as part of chief executive Philip Clarke’s plans to transform the business.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London