Heinz and Reckitt Benckiser replace Captcha words with interactive games
Heinz and Reckitt Benckiser are replacing traditional 'Captcha' authentication boxes with interactive games created by Future Ad Labs.
Heinz: uses PlayCaptcha interactive games
Rather than using the usual ‘Captcha’ systems of distorted numbers and letters, Heinz’s ‘PlayCaptcha’ asks website visitors to pour a virtual bottle of salad cream onto a sandwich.
Ian McCarthy, Heinz marketing controller, explained: "We aim to deliver a fun and engaging experience for our consumers, while also increasing brand sentiment."
Heinz has worked with Future Ad Labs and media agency Vizeum to explore the impact of using more interactive Captcha experiences.
A total of 91% of respondents found PlayCaptcha to be a better user experience than standard word-based Captchas, with 90% recalling the Heinz product following the completion of the task.
McCarthy said: "The success rates of PlayCaptcha are undeniably impressive and we are thrilled to be one of the early adopters of such innovative technology."
For Reckitt Benckiser, the Future Ad Labs team has developed a PlayCaptcha that persuades visitors to clean a virtual dirty penny by dragging it into a bowl of Cillit Bang.
Meanwhile, Future Ad Labs co-founder Howard Kingston said a "creative solution avoids the negative experience of a traditional Captcha".
The work was created at The Bakery, a digital incubator for the advertising and marketing industries.
The PlayCaptcha solution is the latest attempt by brands to move away from the distorted word-style Captcha – which have around 300 milion responses online each day.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire