Heinz and Reckitt Benckiser replace Captcha words with interactive games
Heinz and Reckitt Benckiser are replacing traditional 'Captcha' authentication boxes with interactive games created by Future Ad Labs.
Heinz: uses PlayCaptcha interactive games
Rather than using the usual ‘Captcha’ systems of distorted numbers and letters, Heinz’s ‘PlayCaptcha’ asks website visitors to pour a virtual bottle of salad cream onto a sandwich.
Ian McCarthy, Heinz marketing controller, explained: "We aim to deliver a fun and engaging experience for our consumers, while also increasing brand sentiment."
Heinz has worked with Future Ad Labs and media agency Vizeum to explore the impact of using more interactive Captcha experiences.
A total of 91% of respondents found PlayCaptcha to be a better user experience than standard word-based Captchas, with 90% recalling the Heinz product following the completion of the task.
McCarthy said: "The success rates of PlayCaptcha are undeniably impressive and we are thrilled to be one of the early adopters of such innovative technology."
For Reckitt Benckiser, the Future Ad Labs team has developed a PlayCaptcha that persuades visitors to clean a virtual dirty penny by dragging it into a bowl of Cillit Bang.
Meanwhile, Future Ad Labs co-founder Howard Kingston said a "creative solution avoids the negative experience of a traditional Captcha".
The work was created at The Bakery, a digital incubator for the advertising and marketing industries.
The PlayCaptcha solution is the latest attempt by brands to move away from the distorted word-style Captcha – which have around 300 milion responses online each day.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London