Spotify's BBC Playlister feature goes live
Music streaming service Spotify has partnered up with the BBC's new Playlister site, which allows listeners to "tag" any piece of music they hear on the BBC and listen to it again.
BBC Playlister: music service goes live
From today, every song heard on a BBC station will be listed on the relevant programme’s website. Registered users of the BBC site can then click the "add this" button to add tracks to their personal playlist on Spotify.
Users of the Swedish music service can now collate the music they have tagged on the Playlister site and export it to their Spotify account. Similar services are also available on YouTube and Deezer.
Spotify users also have access to an area within the service that offers a selection of BBC music content from across the public broadcaster's TV and radio offerings.
Speaking about the new partnership, Chris Maples, Spotify's vice president for Europe, said: "The BBC and Spotify share a passion for offering lovingly-curated, great music to music fans, making Spotify a great partner for BBC Playlister.
"Through the BBC Playlister app on Spotify, you can be the first to hear and follow playlists from your favourite DJs, radio stations and TV programmes, and explore a world of hand-picked music content from across the BBC."
In the same way that Spotify users can "follow" particular artists using their accounts, they can now also keep track of playlists created by popular BBC DJs including Radio 1's Zane Lowe and Lauren Laverne from BBC 6 Music.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London