Spotify's BBC Playlister feature goes live
Music streaming service Spotify has partnered up with the BBC's new Playlister site, which allows listeners to "tag" any piece of music they hear on the BBC and listen to it again.
BBC Playlister: music service goes live
From today, every song heard on a BBC station will be listed on the relevant programme’s website. Registered users of the BBC site can then click the "add this" button to add tracks to their personal playlist on Spotify.
Users of the Swedish music service can now collate the music they have tagged on the Playlister site and export it to their Spotify account. Similar services are also available on YouTube and Deezer.
Spotify users also have access to an area within the service that offers a selection of BBC music content from across the public broadcaster's TV and radio offerings.
Speaking about the new partnership, Chris Maples, Spotify's vice president for Europe, said: "The BBC and Spotify share a passion for offering lovingly-curated, great music to music fans, making Spotify a great partner for BBC Playlister.
"Through the BBC Playlister app on Spotify, you can be the first to hear and follow playlists from your favourite DJs, radio stations and TV programmes, and explore a world of hand-picked music content from across the BBC."
In the same way that Spotify users can "follow" particular artists using their accounts, they can now also keep track of playlists created by popular BBC DJs including Radio 1's Zane Lowe and Lauren Laverne from BBC 6 Music.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)