Campaign Viral Chart: Carrie remake viral puts MGM on top
MGM, the Hollywood studio, has shot to the top of the most-shared ad chart this week with an online video promoting its remake of the 1976 film, 'Carrie', starring Chloe Grace Moretz.
Carrie: hidden-camera viral takes top spot in this week's chart
The hidden-camera ad, created by Thinkmodo, is set in an American coffee shop rigged with remote-controlled furniture and spring-loaded bookshelves. The set-up fools unsuspecting members of the public into thinking an angry customer is able to move things with her mind.
Thinkmodo has had previous success with hidden-camera ads, including a spot for US TV show, 'The Walking Dead'. The Carrie ad has been shared 1.2 million times this week.
Elsewhere, two in-house GoPro ads have retained positions in the chart.
The "fireman rescues kitten" ad topped last week's chart and has been shared 85,704 times across the social web this week, moving to fourth position. It has been overtaken by the "smaller, lighter, mightier still" ad, which now sits in third place with 91,231 shares this week.
Meanwhile, Samsung offers a blast from the past with an ad from 72andSunny. The ad, shared 20,819 times, is a montage of clips from shows including 'The Flintstones', 'Star Trek', 'Power Rangers' and 'The Jetsons', where characters talk into their watches. Titled "a long time coming", the ad promotes Galaxy Gear, Samsung's "smart watch".
An ad for Paul Smith makes its debut in this week's chart with a spot for men's underwear. Shared 20,632 times this week, the three-minute long video features a pair of tightrope artists performing stunts in the French alps wearing only Paul Smith underwear.
1. MGM "telekinetic coffee shop surprise" by Thinkmodo
1,276,847 shares this week
All time: 1,312,273 shares
2. Poo Pourri "girls don't poop" by The Harmon Brothers
160,340 shares this week
All time: 921,210 shares
3. GoPro "smaller, lighter, mightier still." created in-house
91,231 shares this week
All time: 224,808 shares
4. GoPro "fireman saves kitten" created in-house
85,704 shares this week
All time: 1,113,218 shares
5. Mercedes Benz "chicken" by Jung von Matt/Neckar
74,242 shares this week
All time: 465,602 shares
6. Chanel "2014 ready-to-wear Chanel show" created in-house
59,182 shares this week
All time: 59,679 shares
7. Hot Pockets "you got what I eat"
36,870 shares this week
All time: 37,757 shares
8. LG "steady feathers"
35,710 shares this week
All time: 106,860 shares
9. Samsung "a long time coming" by 72andSunny
20,819 shares this week
All time: 28,356 shares
10. Paul Smith "underwear autumn/winter 2013"
20,632 shares this week
All time: 20,759 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London