Agencies should act more like brands, says John Hegarty
Sir John Hegarty has said agencies should take their own advice and act more like brands, in the latest installation of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series.
Hegarty: agencies need better understanding of what they won't do
Speaking as part of the series, hosted by Marc Nohr, Hegarty said: "One of the problems we have with agencies and communication business is that not enough of them believe themselves as brands – a belief of what they do and don't do.
Watch the interview below
He said: "We spend all our lives advising companies to be brands and then suddenly, when it comes to ourselves, we're all things to all people.
"All brands need to be defined".
To see the full interview and other interviews in the series, including Rory Sutherland and Maurice Levy, visit the Talking Inspiration page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...