Agencies should act more like brands, says John Hegarty
Sir John Hegarty has said agencies should take their own advice and act more like brands, in the latest installation of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series.
Hegarty: agencies need better understanding of what they won't do
Speaking as part of the series, hosted by Marc Nohr, Hegarty said: "One of the problems we have with agencies and communication business is that not enough of them believe themselves as brands – a belief of what they do and don't do.
Watch the interview below
He said: "We spend all our lives advising companies to be brands and then suddenly, when it comes to ourselves, we're all things to all people.
"All brands need to be defined".
To see the full interview and other interviews in the series, including Rory Sutherland and Maurice Levy, visit the Talking Inspiration page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)