Agencies should act more like brands, says John Hegarty
Sir John Hegarty has said agencies should take their own advice and act more like brands, in the latest installation of Campaign's Talking Inspiration series.
Hegarty: agencies need better understanding of what they won't do
Speaking as part of the series, hosted by Marc Nohr, Hegarty said: "One of the problems we have with agencies and communication business is that not enough of them believe themselves as brands – a belief of what they do and don't do.
Watch the interview below
He said: "We spend all our lives advising companies to be brands and then suddenly, when it comes to ourselves, we're all things to all people.
"All brands need to be defined".
To see the full interview and other interviews in the series, including Rory Sutherland and Maurice Levy, visit the Talking Inspiration page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London