Pringles debuts sweet flavour in UK with mint choc crisps
Pringles is breaking into the sweet crisps market with the launch of a limited edition range of Mint Choc and Cinnamon flavoured crisps.
Pringles: launches Mint Choc limited edition variant
The Kellogg’s-owned brand hopes to drive sales by adding an "element of intrigue and fun" to the brand in the lead up to Christmas.
The variant was trialled in the
The launch of the line is supported by PR and social media activity, while the core range will be supported by a "Merry Pringles" TV campaign.
Laura Sutcliffe, Pringles brand manager at Kellogg's, said: "The unusual flavours and sweet taste are the opposite of what consumers expect from a famous savoury snack like Pringles and this is absolutely key in generating interest and ultimately purchase.
"We believe shoppers will stop in their tracks when they see sweet Pringles and won’t be able to resist trying them – especially as consumers are more receptive to new and different flavours at Christmas in particular."
Pringles claims the
Earlier this year, Kellogg's restructured its marketing team in the wake of its £1.8bn acquisition of Pringles from Procter & Gamble.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Marketing Project Officer Brand Recruitment £18000 - £22000 per annum, Cambridge
- Social Media Strategist Source £65000 - £75000 per annum + full benefits package, London