Tesco marketing veteran Carolyn Bradley departs
Carolyn Bradley, Tesco's longest serving marketer, has left the retailer amid a restructure.
After 27 years, Carolyn Bradley leaves Tesco
Bradley, who joined as a graduate trainee in 1986, becoming advertising and loyalty director in 1992 and latterly group brand director, is now looking to broaden her experience beyond the retail sector.
As well as looking for roles still in retail and food and drink, Bradley said she is also open to leisure sector and not-for-profit arts and heritage opportunities.
"I’ve had a fantastic time at Tesco, and am proud to have been involved in some of its key landmark initiatives," Bradley told Marketing. "But there’s always a time to move on and I’m excited about taking my skills and experience in a new direction."
Bradley’s departure follows last week’s news of the appointment of Sharry Cramond to group marketing strategy and brand director.
In August, Tesco made a series of redundancies in its management team, including marketing director Ian Crook, as part of chief executive Philip Clarke’s plans to transform the business.
Other key marketing changes include the promotion of customer strategy and insight director Leonie Foster to brand marketing director. Customer communications director Paul Morris, who has previously held Tesco marketing director roles in China and Malaysia, is now customer experience director.
Bradley’s tenure at Tesco included roles as chief operating office for Tesco.com from 2000-2003, followed by commercial director for Tesco Stores until she become UK marketing director in 2008.
She was promoted to group brand director last year, working in a newly created group marketing team set up by then deputy chief executive and CMO Tim Mason. Mason left Tesco last December after the retailer admitted defeat on its US venture, Fresh & Easy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire