Pitch update: Alton Towers and Legoland parent agencies await result
All the latest on pitches from Merlin Entertainments, British Airways, Virgin Trains and Iglo.
Merlin Entertainment: a decision on the pitch is due next week
After a pitch process that has lasted all of the summer, agencies are finally waiting for the result on the Merlin Entertainment review next week. The account comprises Legoland, Alton Towers and Thorpe Park. DLKW Lowe is the incumbent on the bulk of the business.
In contrast, the British Airways pitch continues apace with the selected agencies – Anomaly, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Grey London, Mother, Ogilvy and SapientNitro – invited back to Harmondsworth to present to a 12-strong client team that curiously does not include the airline’s marketing director, Abi Comber.
Pitches are under way for the Virgin Trains advertising, digital and CRM accounts, which are currently handled by Dare and its sister agency Elvis.
Agencies are also waiting to hear on the pan-European Iglo pitch, which kicked off last month without much fuss. The frozen-food giant is planning to unify its pan-European strategy for the first time. Agencies in the frame include BBDO, DDB and Havas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London