EE marketing chief Steven Day announces departure
EE's top marketer Steven Day has announced that he is to leave his position as chief of brand and communications at the end of the year.
Steven Day: leaving EE
Day, who oversaw the creation of the EE brand, including its launch advertising featuring Hollywood actor Kevin Bacon, will depart from this role to pursue "new adventures". It is not known if he has another job to go to.
Prior to the merger of
Day’s role will not be replaced. Instead, from January, the EE brand team will report to chief consumer marketing officer Pippa Dunn, who first joined
EE chief executive Olaf Swantee said: "With his strong internal and partner teams, [Day] created a brand that has become synonymous with innovation. It’s a brand that has become known across the length and breadth of the
"EE is the brand that will take our company forward into 2014 and beyond, and I know that Steven’s passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of the brand will be continued by his hugely experienced team."
Day added: "It has been a privilege to create an exciting new brand for
EE claims it has attracted 1m customers to its 4G network since launching in October 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London