Future 5 2013: winners announced
Brand Republic today unveils the winners of its Future 5 Awards scheme, a project started in 2010 as a way of signalling the future of marketing.
Charity Refuge wins the Big Idea category with its moving You Tube film featuring make-up artist Lauren Luke covering fake bruises. The Audience Participation category award has been won by the National Trust for its engaging '50 Things to do before you're 11 ¾' work, while Samsung wins in the Brand Collaboration category for a joint project with Time Out to promote its Galaxy camera.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary tops the Data & Planning category with its 'Get Closer' analysis and application of crime data, while EDF wins the Tech Innovation category for a campaign around London 2012 that linked the lights on the London Eye to the national mood.
The five categories were chosen by Brand Republic and Future 5 Awards partner Octopus Group to represent the five essential elements of a successful marketing campaign. "Through Future 5 we aim to inspire brands to try something different," says Sandy Purewal, chief executive of Octopus Group.
Judges including IBM external relations director Joe Hanley and Procter & Gamble global marketing director (Tesco) Nick Diamond picked a shortlist of three entries for each category. Brand Republic readers voted for (and enthusiastically tweeted about) their favourites through the summer, and judges and public votes were then combined to produce the winners. A group of young people from Hackney Community College voted the Refuge entry their favourite campaign of the five winners.
'The Future 5 really captured imaginations this year,' says Marketing brand editor and chairman of Future 5 judges, Claire Beale. 'The winners are all impressive pieces of work that illustrate not only the creativity in our industry, but also the effectiveness in applying that creativity to a client's brief.'
Go to www.brandrepublic.com/future5 to read more about the Future 5 Awards, plus comments from the judges about the winning campaigns.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London