Bauer Media hands new roles to Ellington and King
Bauer Media has appointed Cath Ellington and Steve King to commercial and business development roles as part of its regional restructure, as Tracy Eastwood, the regional managing director of Yorkshire, leaves the company
Cath Ellington: appointed group commercial director, Place, Northern England and Scotland
The changes follow Bauer Media's promotion of Graham Bryce, formerly the regional managing director, Bauer Media Scotland, to the role of group managing director, Place, England and Scotland.
Ellington, previously the regional managing director of the North-East, has taken the role of group commercial director, Place, Northern England and Scotland. She will have responsibility for all local commercial revenues across the Place portfolio.
Steve King, who was the regional managing director for the North West, will take on the role of business development director, Bauer Radio. He will look to develop Bauer Media stations' relationship with listeners through events and new projects.
Bauer Media divided its portfolio into Place, stations such as Liverpool's Radio City that have a strong connection to a local area, and Passion, stations that focus on a particular genre or passion such as Kiss, in 2011.
In her new role, Ellington will report to Bryce, while King will report to Bryce on Place projects and Steve Parkinson, managing director, London at Bauer Radio, on Passion projects.
Dee Ford, the group managing director, radio, Bauer Media, said: "Cath Ellington has achieved considerable recent success in revitalising Metro Radio, increasing audiences and revenues and brings an outstanding track record, fantastic commercial acumen and a wealth of experience to this new role.
"Steve King is one of Bauer's most experienced and successful leaders and his drive, ambition and ideas for new revenue growth which underpinned the enviable performance at our stations in the North West will now be used to great effect across our whole radio portfolio.
"I have never been more confident that Place is in great hands."
Eastwood will leave Bauer Media at the end of October.
Ford said: "I'd like to thank Tracy very much for her unswerving passion, energy and leadership over the last 16 years. She has been a fantastic ambassador for Bauer. We wish her very well for the future."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1