GSK kicks off global digital ad pitch
GlaxoSmithKline has put its global digital advertising account up for review.
Aquafresh: parent reviews global digital advertising account
The pharmaceutical giant has approached agencies directly through its procurement department to invite them to submit an RFI.
Sources said GSK, which works with in excess of 100 agencies on its digital account, is looking to streamline the business. Both roster and non-roster shops have been invited to participate.
Grey Worldwide handles the bulk of GSK’s UK advertising account.
The review follows the completion of a similar process for GSK’s global media planning and buying account. In September, the company split the estimated £1 billion business between Group M and Omnicom Media Group.
PHD retained the US business and also picked up Canadian and West African markets. Group M agencies were awarded the rest of the world, with MediaCom retaining the £60 million UK account.
The media process ended GSK’s relationship with Publicis Groupe’s Starcom and Dentsu’s Carat.
GSK recently offloaded its drinks brands Lucozade and Ribena to Suntory Beverages after a strategic review. The company has decided to focus on consumer health products, which span oral health, wellness, nutrition and skin health. Brands include Aquafresh, Sensodyne and Zovirax.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager - Fashion Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (North), London (Greater)