Strictly beats X Factor in Saturday night showdown
'Strictly Come Dancing' beat 'The X Factor' in the Saturday night battle for viewers again this week, delivering an average of 9.7 million compared to 7.9 million for the ITV show.
Strictly Come Dancing: Deborah Meaden exits the show this week
According to unofficial overnight figures, 'Strictly Come Dancing' had an audience of 9.69 million between 6.30pm and 8.15pm on Saturday night, a whopping 44.4 per cent share of the audience.
Meanwhile, the two-hour 'X Factor' show had an audience of 7.93 million across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1, a 33.3 per cent share.
The two shows’ Saturday night audiences were eerily level with last week (19 October) when ‘The X Factor’ averaged 7.91 million, a 34.3 per cent share, and ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ had an audience of 9.69 million, a 43.9 per cent share.
Last night, the 'Strictly' results show also beat ‘The X Factor’. The BBC dance contest, in which Dragon Deborah Meaden left the programmme, got an average audience of 9.56 million, a 37.8 per cent share.
The departure of the girl band Miss Dynamix from ‘The X Factor’ helped the show to an average audience of 9.09 million across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1, a 34.5 per cent share.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London