Asda marketing veteran Rick Bendel leaves Walmart post
Former Asda CMO Rick Bendel has left parent company Walmart, over 20 years after he first began working on the supermarket's marketing.
Rick Bendel: leaving his role at Asda-owner Walmart
Bendel joined Asda in 2006 as group marketing director from agency Publicis Worldwide, where he was chief operating officer.
He had first joined Publicis in 1991 and there began working on Asda’s advertising, commencing what he once described to Marketing as a "love affair" with the company.
Last year, Bendel left to take on a "broader project-based role" for Walmart, and was replaced in the
It is not known if he has another job to go to.
Commenting on Bendel’s decision to leave, Asda president and CEO Andy Clarke said: "Last week, Rick told me about his decision to leave Walmart. I first worked with him in 1992 and have come to regard him as a great colleague and friend.
"His contribution to our business is immense but who couldn’t respect his decision to put his health first. On behalf of every Asda colleague, we wish him well."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London