Google rewards Glass users and expands Explorer programme
Google has shared plans to reward its Google Glass users with an opportunity to swap their existing glasses for a new pair, while expanding people's access to the product through an invite-a-friend system.
Google Glass: users are encouraged to invite friends to join the programme
In a move reminiscent of when Google launched Gmail, the company says it has been "experimenting with ways to expand the Explorer Program," and over the next few weeks, existing Glass users will have the opportunity to invite three friends to join the programme.
Google said in a statement: "They’ll be able to buy Glass online and can have it shipped to their home, office, treehouse or igloo. We’re counting on you to get Glass to the people you think will make great Explorers. More Explorers means more feedback, and more feedback means better Glass."
Yesterday Google said it wanted to "say ‘thank you’" to its current Glass users, known as ‘Explorers’, for sharing their feedback with the tech giant as it seeks to continually improve Google Glass.
Google has been upgrading the Glass hardware over time and will be rewarding users with a "one-time option to swap out their existing Glass for a new one".
This offer applies to people who have bought Google Glass before 28 October, and the hardware update will allow Glass to work with "future lines of shades and prescription frames," and will also include a mono earbud.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Marketing Manager Trace £35000 - £55000 Per Annum + benefits, South West London
- Marketing Manager x 2 Stopgap £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Projects Director Source £60000 - £65000 per annum + benefits, London