OMD lands SSE media planning and buying
OMD UK has won the media planning and buying account for SSE, the UK's second-biggest energy supplier.
SSE: media and planning and buying account goes to OMD UK
The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against MEC. Mindshare and ZenithOptimedia were also involved in the pitch, which was called in July and handled by AAR. The incumbent was The Media Shop Scotland.
SSE spent £4.6 million on UK media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, but is planning to increase this amid heightened scrutiny of energy suppliers.
The process coincided with the arrival of SSE’s first chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, who said the pitch was "keenly contested".
OMD will work alongside Adam & Eve/DDB, which won SSE’s ad account earlier this year, and a yet-to-be-appointed CRM agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)