OMD lands SSE media planning and buying
OMD UK has won the media planning and buying account for SSE, the UK's second-biggest energy supplier.
SSE: media and planning and buying account goes to OMD UK
The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against MEC. Mindshare and ZenithOptimedia were also involved in the pitch, which was called in July and handled by AAR. The incumbent was The Media Shop Scotland.
SSE spent £4.6 million on UK media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, but is planning to increase this amid heightened scrutiny of energy suppliers.
The process coincided with the arrival of SSE’s first chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, who said the pitch was "keenly contested".
OMD will work alongside Adam & Eve/DDB, which won SSE’s ad account earlier this year, and a yet-to-be-appointed CRM agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)