OMD lands SSE media planning and buying
OMD UK has won the media planning and buying account for SSE, the UK's second-biggest energy supplier.
SSE: media and planning and buying account goes to OMD UK
The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against MEC. Mindshare and ZenithOptimedia were also involved in the pitch, which was called in July and handled by AAR. The incumbent was The Media Shop Scotland.
SSE spent £4.6 million on UK media in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen, but is planning to increase this amid heightened scrutiny of energy suppliers.
The process coincided with the arrival of SSE’s first chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, who said the pitch was "keenly contested".
OMD will work alongside Adam & Eve/DDB, which won SSE’s ad account earlier this year, and a yet-to-be-appointed CRM agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London