Havas Worldwide plots Work Club acquisition
Havas Worldwide could be set to buy the independent digital agency Work Club, with which it joined forces on the recent Iglo Group pitch.
Work Club: handles Asda
Work Club’s management has been considering selling the business for some time and has received interest – on a regular basis, a source close to the shop said – from large networks and small agencies.
The management appears to have become more serious about striking a deal and has decided to assess suitors by collaborating on briefs, with the aim of completing a sale in the new year.
The first collaboration, with Havas Worldwide London, led to last week’s capture of the pan-European advertising account for the Birds Eye owner, Iglo. However, sources close to both agencies said that no deal had been signed and that talks were not exclusive.
Recent client wins for Work Club include Asda and the Heineken brand Desperados.
The partners Patrick Griffith, Andy Sandoz and Martin Brooks (who is now the chief executive) founded Work Club in August 2007. Jon Claydon joined the agency as its chairman later that year. The final two partners Ben Mooge and Lisa de Bonis joined from Mother in early 2008.
Work Club and Havas Worldwide London declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London