Pernod Ricard unveils online drinks store to target UK's 'digitally savvy' consumers
Pernod Ricard has launched an online drinks store aimed at capitalising on the burgeoning number of consumers who buy alcohol via the internet.
SipStor: Pernod Ricard has launched an online drinks shop
Sipstor, which went live today, hosts an exclusive range of lifestyle products featuring PR brands such as Absolut, Havana Club, Jameson, Beefeater, Chivas Regal and ODDKA, not found on the wider UK market.
Launch products include Jameson Select Reserve with 'Anchorman 2' preview screening tickets and Absolut Elyx, plus rocks glasses.
The site will roll out across Europe over the coming months, but Pernod Ricard (PR) chose to go live first in the UK because of the market’s "digitally savvy consumers". According to PR, online alcohol sales in the UK have doubled in the past five years. Now some 3.2 million shoppers spend an average £18.02 per shop.
SipStor will function as a website which will be both mobile and tablet optimised and as a mobile app. It will be promoted through eCRM activity comprising tactical Sipstor-focused mailings at key periods, including launch and Christmas, as well as highlighting exclusive offers to fans of particular brands.
Adam Boita, marketing controller, PRUK, said: "The current trends around online shopping and its growth in the UK are an indication as to how purchasing habits are evolving, therefore we think this is the optimum time to introduce this new digital platform to the market.
"We believe the site will appeal to our digitally savvy target audience who will be keen to get their hands on the range of exclusive limited edition products, from a number of our popular brands that they wouldn’t normally be able to buy in the UK on- or off-trade."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London