Asos plans China launch with 'culturally relevant' marketing
UK fashion portal Asos has launched its much-anticipated standalone Chinese website, as it moves to accelerate its international growth.
Asos : launches website in China
Asos.cn will become the brand’s eighth international market, joining the
The retailer will offer a 365-day delivery service and a seven-day "hotline" service accessible from 9am until 10pm.
More than 6,000 Asos-branded womenswear and menswear items will go on sale by spring 2014, priced in Chinese Yuan Renminbi (RMB), with other brands such as American Apparel and Mango set to roll out "gradually" at a later date.
It is planning to run a tranche of bespoke editorial content and "culturally relevant" marketing newsletters to drive awareness among Chinese consumers, including activity on Chinese popular micro-blogging platform Sina Weibo.
Nick Robertson, Asos chief executive, said: "
Asos , which defines itself as the world’s number one fashion destination for global "twenty-somethings", recently reported 44% year-on-year growth in international sales, accounting for 63% of its total sales.
The ecommerce site now claims to attract more than 21.3 million unique monthly visits.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire