Amazon to roll out Sunday delivery service in London
Amazon is planning on rolling out Sunday deliveries in London, with the service free to Prime members, according to a senior US executive.
Amazon: to deliver to Londoners on Sundays
The announcement came as the online retail giant launched a Sunday service in New York and Los Angeles, with ambitions to roll out the scheme in other US states over the next year.
Dave Clark, Amazon’s vice-president of worldwide operations and customer service, told the Wall Street Journal that plans were in place to launch a similar service in London "later this month", using its fleet of Amazon-branded trucks.
Sunday deliveries will be free to members of Amazon’s premium Prime service, which costs UK members £49 a month for a free two-day delivery service. Non-members will pay a premium for the service.
In a statement regarding the US rollout, Clark said: "If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can order a backpack for your child on Friday and be packing it for them Sunday night.
"We’re excited that now every day is an Amazon delivery day and we know our Prime members, who voraciously shop on Amazon, will love the additional convenience they will experience as part of this new service."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London