Amazon to roll out Sunday delivery service in London
Amazon is planning on rolling out Sunday deliveries in London, with the service free to Prime members, according to a senior US executive.
Amazon: to deliver to Londoners on Sundays
The announcement came as the online retail giant launched a Sunday service in New York and Los Angeles, with ambitions to roll out the scheme in other US states over the next year.
Dave Clark, Amazon’s vice-president of worldwide operations and customer service, told the Wall Street Journal that plans were in place to launch a similar service in London "later this month", using its fleet of Amazon-branded trucks.
Sunday deliveries will be free to members of Amazon’s premium Prime service, which costs UK members £49 a month for a free two-day delivery service. Non-members will pay a premium for the service.
In a statement regarding the US rollout, Clark said: "If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can order a backpack for your child on Friday and be packing it for them Sunday night.
"We’re excited that now every day is an Amazon delivery day and we know our Prime members, who voraciously shop on Amazon, will love the additional convenience they will experience as part of this new service."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London