Group M wins £380m pan-European Danone
Danone, the owner of the Evian and Activia brands, has consolidated its European media account into Group M, as part of its ongoing global media review, with MEC retaining the £40 million UK account.
Danone: consolidates its European media account into Group M
MEC retained the UK and German markets and added the Nordics region. MediaCom led the European pitch and has won the bulk of the business, including picking up Danone’s home market of France, which was previously run by Havas.
The Group M agencies pitched under the name "OneDanone". The Group M agency Mindshare retained Ireland and Maxus retained Belgium.
The business was previously split between Havas and Group M agencies. Danone spent $615 million (£376 million) in Europe in 2011 according to RECMA.
The review process involved Aegis, Havas, Omnicom and Group M media agencies.
The US and Asian markets are still under review, with the same agency groups thought to be participating.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)