Katie Vanneck-Smith, chief marketing officer, News UK
Is there ever a dull moment for a Murdoch marketer? The phone-hacking issue refused to die, with the repercussions of the Leveson Inquiry continuing to reverberate through the industry. Cool, calm and brutally efficient, Vanneck-Smith is the perfect foil to the storms around her.
As if to herald a fresh start for the newspaper group, in June News International rebranded as News UK. Elsewhere, the publisher extended its digital strategy with the launch of its paid digital-subscription bundle — Vanneck-Smith doesn’t like the term paywall — for The Sun, with Sun+.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)