Katie Vanneck-Smith, chief marketing officer, News UK
Is there ever a dull moment for a Murdoch marketer? The phone-hacking issue refused to die, with the repercussions of the Leveson Inquiry continuing to reverberate through the industry. Cool, calm and brutally efficient, Vanneck-Smith is the perfect foil to the storms around her.
As if to herald a fresh start for the newspaper group, in June News International rebranded as News UK. Elsewhere, the publisher extended its digital strategy with the launch of its paid digital-subscription bundle — Vanneck-Smith doesn’t like the term paywall — for The Sun, with Sun+.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)