Katie Vanneck-Smith, chief marketing officer, News UK
Is there ever a dull moment for a Murdoch marketer? The phone-hacking issue refused to die, with the repercussions of the Leveson Inquiry continuing to reverberate through the industry. Cool, calm and brutally efficient, Vanneck-Smith is the perfect foil to the storms around her.
As if to herald a fresh start for the newspaper group, in June News International rebranded as News UK. Elsewhere, the publisher extended its digital strategy with the launch of its paid digital-subscription bundle — Vanneck-Smith doesn’t like the term paywall — for The Sun, with Sun+.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)