Katie Vanneck-Smith, chief marketing officer, News UK
Is there ever a dull moment for a Murdoch marketer? The phone-hacking issue refused to die, with the repercussions of the Leveson Inquiry continuing to reverberate through the industry. Cool, calm and brutally efficient, Vanneck-Smith is the perfect foil to the storms around her.
As if to herald a fresh start for the newspaper group, in June News International rebranded as News UK. Elsewhere, the publisher extended its digital strategy with the launch of its paid digital-subscription bundle — Vanneck-Smith doesn’t like the term paywall — for The Sun, with Sun+.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire