David Wheldon, managing director, reputation and citizenship, Barclays Group
Wheldon is one of the most seasoned practitioners in the business (via Vodafone, Coca-Cola and strategic consultancies), and has one of the toughest challenges – making consumers love and trust Barclays. With a mandate from chief executive Anthony Jenkins to enshrine the bank’s purpose and values, Wheldon has overseen a shift to more emotive advertising and a more ethical marketing stance.
There’s much to do, but don’t expect him to be fazed: his wry take on life means he’s sure to stay cool.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)