David Wheldon, managing director, reputation and citizenship, Barclays Group
Wheldon is one of the most seasoned practitioners in the business (via Vodafone, Coca-Cola and strategic consultancies), and has one of the toughest challenges – making consumers love and trust Barclays. With a mandate from chief executive Anthony Jenkins to enshrine the bank’s purpose and values, Wheldon has overseen a shift to more emotive advertising and a more ethical marketing stance.
There’s much to do, but don’t expect him to be fazed: his wry take on life means he’s sure to stay cool.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive, London, up to £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 per day, Slough