David Wheldon, managing director, reputation and citizenship, Barclays Group
Wheldon is one of the most seasoned practitioners in the business (via Vodafone, Coca-Cola and strategic consultancies), and has one of the toughest challenges – making consumers love and trust Barclays. With a mandate from chief executive Anthony Jenkins to enshrine the bank’s purpose and values, Wheldon has overseen a shift to more emotive advertising and a more ethical marketing stance.
There’s much to do, but don’t expect him to be fazed: his wry take on life means he’s sure to stay cool.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London