David Wheldon, managing director, reputation and citizenship, Barclays Group
Wheldon is one of the most seasoned practitioners in the business (via Vodafone, Coca-Cola and strategic consultancies), and has one of the toughest challenges – making consumers love and trust Barclays. With a mandate from chief executive Anthony Jenkins to enshrine the bank’s purpose and values, Wheldon has overseen a shift to more emotive advertising and a more ethical marketing stance.
There’s much to do, but don’t expect him to be fazed: his wry take on life means he’s sure to stay cool.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England