David Wheldon, managing director, reputation and citizenship, Barclays Group
Wheldon is one of the most seasoned practitioners in the business (via Vodafone, Coca-Cola and strategic consultancies), and has one of the toughest challenges – making consumers love and trust Barclays. With a mandate from chief executive Anthony Jenkins to enshrine the bank’s purpose and values, Wheldon has overseen a shift to more emotive advertising and a more ethical marketing stance.
There’s much to do, but don’t expect him to be fazed: his wry take on life means he’s sure to stay cool.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...