Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director, Domino's Pizza
Wallis has carved out quite a profile in the marketing industry and never lets Domino’s marketing rest on its laurels. The brand’s mobile app, which he acknowledged might have been viewed as "risky" by some, now accounts for 25% of sales.
Wallis has embraced ecommerce and digital marketing and took criticism of the ITV/Tom Daley diving show Splash!, which Domino’s sponsored, on the chin. Indeed, in light of negative tweets about the show’s quality, he simply said it was better for a brand to be talked about than ignored. This year’s branding work, using the "Campaigning for greatness" line, has focused on pizza quality.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire