Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director, Domino's Pizza
Wallis has carved out quite a profile in the marketing industry and never lets Domino’s marketing rest on its laurels. The brand’s mobile app, which he acknowledged might have been viewed as "risky" by some, now accounts for 25% of sales.
Wallis has embraced ecommerce and digital marketing and took criticism of the ITV/Tom Daley diving show Splash!, which Domino’s sponsored, on the chin. Indeed, in light of negative tweets about the show’s quality, he simply said it was better for a brand to be talked about than ignored. This year’s branding work, using the "Campaigning for greatness" line, has focused on pizza quality.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall