Christian Woolfenden, global marketing director, Paddy Power
It has been a varied year for bookmaker Paddy Power’s marketing output under the likeable Woolfenden. In an unexpected but admirable move, the brand tackled homophobia by teaming up with Stonewall to send rainbow laces to players at every Football League club.
hings got surreal though when the brand embarked on "Basketball diplomacy": it is helping former US basketball star Dennis Rodman assemble a team of ex-NBA players to play a North Korean side in Pyongyang on North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s birthday.
Aside from such eye-catching initiatives, Paddy Power’s irreverent Twitter content has garnered 80,000 retweets a month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Interior Design - Studio Manager to £36k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £36000 per annum, London