Christian Woolfenden, global marketing director, Paddy Power
It has been a varied year for bookmaker Paddy Power’s marketing output under the likeable Woolfenden. In an unexpected but admirable move, the brand tackled homophobia by teaming up with Stonewall to send rainbow laces to players at every Football League club.
hings got surreal though when the brand embarked on "Basketball diplomacy": it is helping former US basketball star Dennis Rodman assemble a team of ex-NBA players to play a North Korean side in Pyongyang on North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s birthday.
Aside from such eye-catching initiatives, Paddy Power’s irreverent Twitter content has garnered 80,000 retweets a month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)