Christian Woolfenden, global marketing director, Paddy Power
It has been a varied year for bookmaker Paddy Power’s marketing output under the likeable Woolfenden. In an unexpected but admirable move, the brand tackled homophobia by teaming up with Stonewall to send rainbow laces to players at every Football League club.
hings got surreal though when the brand embarked on "Basketball diplomacy": it is helping former US basketball star Dennis Rodman assemble a team of ex-NBA players to play a North Korean side in Pyongyang on North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s birthday.
Aside from such eye-catching initiatives, Paddy Power’s irreverent Twitter content has garnered 80,000 retweets a month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London