Christian Woolfenden, global marketing director, Paddy Power
It has been a varied year for bookmaker Paddy Power’s marketing output under the likeable Woolfenden. In an unexpected but admirable move, the brand tackled homophobia by teaming up with Stonewall to send rainbow laces to players at every Football League club.
hings got surreal though when the brand embarked on "Basketball diplomacy": it is helping former US basketball star Dennis Rodman assemble a team of ex-NBA players to play a North Korean side in Pyongyang on North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s birthday.
Aside from such eye-catching initiatives, Paddy Power’s irreverent Twitter content has garnered 80,000 retweets a month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...