Carlsberg consolidates bulk of £100m media into OMD
Carlsberg has consolidated its estimated £100 million global media account into OMD after a four-way pitch, except the Chinese market, which has been retained by ZenithOptimedia.
Carlsberg: the ride by Santo
OMD previously held the bulk of the brewer’s markets, and has retained its business including the UK account.
The Omnicom agency won a final battle against Group M's Mindshare to pick up new regions including the key market of France, which was previously held by Carat, as well as India, Serbia and Bulgaria.
OMD will run the business for the next three years from the start of 2014, covering the main Carlsberg brand, as well as Kronenbourg 1664 and Tuborg.
The review was handled by Carlsberg’s team in Copenhagen and started in July. It began with presentations in local markets before final pitches in London.
Jens Jermiin, the vice-president of digital, media and content production for Carlsberg, said the move was a step towards a "truly global agency set-up".
He said: "We believe [this] will greatly allow us to leverage our strength as a global group and punch above our weight in our markets."
Carlsberg spent £6.2 million on media in the UK in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
OMD declined to comment on the news.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall